Battersea power station up for sale | UK news | The Guardian
One of the most recognisable buildings in the UK is to be offered for sale on the open market for the first time in its history.
Battersea power station, in south London, has been vacant since it was decommissioned in 1983. Planning permission for a £5bn development including homes, offices, a hotel, retail and leisure facilities was secured for the site from Wandsworth council last year.
It would also mean the creation of 25,000 jobs – 15,000 within the power station building – and the construction of 16,000 homes.
Strange Random Building Quote:
“We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us.”
- Knock down Battersea Power Station for money… has it really come to this (theRatandMouse.co.uk)
- NAMA versus NAMA, it’s getting surreal (namawinelake.wordpress.com)
- Viñoly brought in as Chelsea looks at move to Battersea power station (guardian.co.uk)
- It’s snow much fun in London! (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Battersea Tube Extension Plans – Backing Expected by Osborne (london-underground.blogspot.com)
- Chelsea eye Battersea Power Station (theRatandMouse.co.uk)
- Possible new Stations to add to the List (cozmictube.wordpress.com)
- Battersea Power Station calls in administrators (guardian.co.uk)
- Battersea Power Station set to go into administration next week (telegraph.co.uk)