Choices for Girls – interactive bus shelter ad
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random Choices Quote:
“When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels” – author unknown
- The independent woman: A positive concept with a negative vibe (jennicinparadise.com)
- Independent Spirit Awards 2012 Red Carpet – The Women (socialitelife.com)
- The ad that only plays to women: the future of marketing or useless gimmick? (independent.co.uk)
- Are all short haired women heartbroken? (helgadis.wordpress.com)
- Karen Coleman: Sinister path Hungary is taking should worry us all – Analysis, Opinion – Independent.ie (worldwright.wordpress.com)
- Erin Chapin: Women’s health an issue for both sexes (knoxnews.com)
- Focus on Social Issues Could Shape Battle for Women (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Women beyond the boardroom (allthatfall.wordpress.com)
- Married Women in Maharashtra can keep maiden name need not take husbands’ surname (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- The ad that sorts the girls from the boys (guardian.co.uk)
In three weeks it has been watched more than five million times, and Lily has become a minor Internet celebrity. Of far more importance, at least to Lily’s parents, the video is poised to make enough money from advertisements to send Lily to college.
Creating a video that attracts millions of viewers and becomes a pop culture phenomenon involves an unpredictable cocktail of luck and timing. A dash of cute babies or people acting like idiots can only help. But once a video goes viral, making some cold cash depends on quick action.
Here is some advice on how to take advantage of your 15 minutes of Internet fame from people who did just that.
Strange Random YouTube Quote:
- Coldplay rock Madrid live on YouTube (telegraph.co.uk)
- YouTube to Advertisers: We Help Build Brands (1ntheknow.wordpress.com)
- 5 Reasons YouTube Is More Than a Video Hub (community.constantcontact.com)
- New YouTube Series Gives You A Glimpse Into Life At YouTube (socialtimes.com)
- YouTube Close to Announcing Video “Channels” (allthingsd.com)
- Useful Social Marketing Tips – Your 7 Step YouTube Formula For Traffic & an Online Presence (thediamondringreview.com)
- YouTube Release Notes: Updated Video End-Screen, WeVideo added to YouTube.com/Create and More… (youtube-global.blogspot.com)
You know we’re fans of TED.com and of video sites in general. Now some kind person called Jim Melfi has published a website listing TED and 56 other resources, from San Francisco to Slovenia, covering topics such as Design, Sustainability, Economics (the Davos video group is interesting, not to mention topical) and Technology. There’s also a separate section for Universities and Colleges of Higher Education that publish their content online.
You can visit Video Talks by clicking on the picture here or on the link in the Blogroll section on the right-hand side of this page!
About VideoTalks.org: The initial idea for this website was developed in 2009 after realizing that one had to search many sites to find the ones listed above. At the time, I had no idea that the Internet contained such a rich variety of viewpoints from men and women who are truly making a difference in our world community. This site is certainly dedicated to those of us who want quality substance beyond the fog of mindless chatter and short sound bites. I welcome your suggestions regarding other sites and speakers. Jim Melfi.
Strange Random Video Quote:
In seven to ten years video traffic on the Internet will exceed data and voice traffic combined – Bob Metcalfe
- Say Hello to My Avatar: Bob Metcalfe Gives First UT Innovation Lecture Using Avaya Web Interface (xconomy.com)
- Davos: Explosion Of Video Is Next Technological Innovation (blogs.forbes.com)
- Video Encyclopedia Qwiki Wants To Make Information Into An Experience (reelseo.com)
- Where to Watch the Davos World Economic Forum Online (gigaom.com)
- TED’s Chris Anderson Talks Crowd-Accelerated Innovation (wired.com)
Some time ago, we posted a video of poems in the Barcelona Metro as part of the Spring Festival. Now, from the maker(s) of that video, we have a new one entitled A Year in Barcelona, a personal look at events of the last 12 months in BCN.
Strange Random Video Quote:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Restaurant Llucanes: A Taste of Diversity in Barcelona – Catavino (biglunches.com)
- SOURCE Barcelona – A Great Cocktail! (rootshell.be)
- Join AAUW Kingston on our first trip to Barcelona! (kingstonaauw.blogspot.com)
Found in an article about the band‘s concert stream last weekend:
(the stream is available on) U2’s You Tube page.
Best attempted after a couple of pints of Guinness!