By msnbc.com staff and wire
After years of enduring sexist jokes and taunts from their male counterparts, women drivers can finally take heart — a new study suggests they’re actually better at parking than men.
Covert surveillance of car parks across the United Kingdom shows that, while women may take longer to park, they are more adept than men at maneuvering into a parking space, and when they park they are more likely to leave their vehicles in the middle of a parking bay.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random Parking Quote:
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine’. – Tommy Cooper
- Women are better at parking than men (bottomline.msnbc.msn.com)
- Stereotype-Challenging Study of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- Women better than men at parking, study says (ctv.ca)
- Women are better at parking than men, study suggests (telegraph.co.uk)
- One More Gender Stereotype Smashed to Bits (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- Sorry, chaps, women are better parkers (independent.co.uk)
- What Stereotype? Women Are Better Than Men at Parking, Study Finds (newsfeed.time.com)
- Women are better at parking, report finds (vancouversun.com)
- Women better at parking, survey says (money.marksandspencer.com)