Reuters – Whether headed to Las Vegas for a business convention or bachelorette party, Vegas thrill-seekers are legendary in their pursuit of flash and excitement.
However, that doesn’t necessarily extend to the drinks – at the bar, the objective is to make guests feel comfortable, even as they push limits at the poker table.
“There is no ‘iconic’ drink in Las Vegas,” says resident mixologist Patricia Richards. “The world visits Las Vegas, so people like things that are familiar, or somewhat familiar, and cocktails that are not too ‘geeked out.'”
In other words, classics like the Mojito, Margarita and Cosmopolitan are top Vegas tipples. Richards adds that if she had asked her the same question three years ago, she would have selected Grey Goose with Red Bull as the cocktail of choice.
Along the glittery Vegas strip, most of the action takes place within the enormous hotel complexes which encompass casinos, entertainment venues, and more bars, restaurants and cocktail lounges than anyone could tackle in a single visit.
Food & Wine Magazine also selected Parasol Down as one of its “50 Best Bars in America,” due in large part to Richards’ drink list. The two-tiered bar features large inverted parasols and nightly shows projected on to the “Lake of Dreams” waterfall.
Strange Random Las Vegas Quote:
“Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul A. Samuelson
- Las Vegas As An Arts Destination?! (huffingtonpost.com)
- Arts community demanding spotlight in Las Vegas (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Curtis Kulig at P3 Studio Las Vegas (slamxhype.com)
- Plane Ride Offers Zero-G Experience (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Celebrity chef cooks up Las Vegas restaurant (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- The Dinah Las Vegas Releases Schedule (pinkbananaworld.com)
- The Walking Dead Viewing Party (Las Vegas) (nerdjunkies.com)
- Troubled mob attraction to reopen in Las Vegas (cbsnews.com)
- What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas because it can’t figure out how to get out. (waitingtogetthere.blogspot.com)
If you’re prepared to gamble with your health as well as your cash, there’s no better place.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random Health Quote:
Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you! – Tommy Smothers
- Heart Attack Grill Receives Judgment Against Copycat Medically Themed Restaurant (prweb.com)
- The ultimate Vegas playlist (guardian.co.uk)
- Las Vegas Real Market Receives Over $720 Million Cash in Last 3 Months According to LasVegasRealEstate.org (prweb.com)
- Debut Novel Portrays Newlywed Woman’s Midlife Crisis – in Las Vegas (prweb.com)
- Самый вредный ресторан на свете (graftio.com)
- Hot N Juicy Crawfish Hosts 2012 Calendar Girls and Casting Calls for Their Commercial (prleap.com)