The article published in The Telegraph said conditions in the capital are exceptionally difficult due to the short runway, a tricky approach through hilly landscape, and frighteningly strong crosswinds.
It said that combination of factors can make for “a terrifyingly turbulent landing”.
Strange Random Landing Quote:
“There is a story that when incoming jets throttle back for the approach to Belfast’s Aldergrove Airport, the pilots tell their passengers to put their watches back to local time – 1690” – Russell Miller
- The world’s scariest airport landings and take-offs (telegraph.co.uk)
- Two New Facilities for ExecuJet Australasia (thejetservicenews.com)
- London City selected as one of the best approaches in the world | British Airways – Travel Industry News (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- The world’s scariest airport landings: videos (telegraph.co.uk)
- Wellywood blown away by Wellington (news.smh.com.au)
- Wellington Airport results, developments and awards for the six months ended 30 September 2011 (airtransportnews.aero)
- VIDEO: All Blacks greeted by screaming fans at Wellington Airport (3news.co.nz)
- NZ airport evacuated after bomb threat (news.smh.com.au)