Zottel The Goat, Used As A Mascot By SVP, Is Snatched From His Stable In Zurich, Switzerland | Strange News | Sky News
Zottel has been used in political hustings and campaigns since 2006 by the Swiss People’s Party SVP.
But sometime during the night of October 14, he and another goat were snatched from their stable in Zurich, at the home of Swiss MP Ernst Schibli.
Mr Schibli said he had received an anonymous letter with death threats to “fascist goat Zottel” this summer.
Left-wing group Anti-Fascist Action have claimed responsibility for the kidnapping in a statement posted on the internet – which the SVP responded to by issuing a statement demanding Zottel’s return.
Strange Random Goat Quote:
“Don’t approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.” – Yiddish Proverb
- Swiss Political Group Gets Far-Right Rival’s Goat With Mascot Kidnapping (foxnews.com)
- Zürich demonstrates for global change (tryingtobeconscious.wordpress.com)
- SWITZERLAND: ‘Anti-Muslim Immigration’ far right party’s popularity skyrockets! (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- Zurich Journal: Political Parties on Fringe Abound in Switzerland (nytimes.com)
- Home – ZURICH4YOU.CH – THE NEW ENGLISH WEBSITE FOR EXPATS IN ZURICH (zwitserlandforum.wordpress.com)
- It Can Lead the World Out of Chaos (lewrockwell.com)
In the run-up to Thursday’s general Election in the UK, the Conservative Party, many would say favourites to win, have launched a fake TV ad on behalf of the Hung Parliament Party. The aim is to show voters what might happen if none of the parties receives a majority and of course, get them all to vote Conservative! Although rare in the UK, a Hung Parliament has happened before, as this article points out. The reason for the rope in the picture is the double meaning of hang – hanged – hanged for people and hang – hung – hung for things …
Strange Random Politics Quote:
Politics, n: [Poly “many” + tics “blood-sucking parasites”] – Larry Hardiman
Related articles by Zemanta
- Votes or seats? Why Nick Clegg won’t, can’t and shouldn’t answer that hung Parliament question (libdemvoice.org)
- Latest polls indicate hung parliament is still most likely (newstatesman.com)
- Osborne ramps up fear of a hung parliament (leftfootforward.org)
- Tories Fight For Swing Districts (online.wsj.com)
- Q&A: The UK political system explained (cnn.com)
- U.K Election: Why Winning Could Feel a Lot Like Losing (time.com)
With just under 2 weeks to go before the British General Election, the Prime Minister Gordon Brown has been promising a tough fight following a bitter media campaign by the opposition Conservative Party.
Click on a picture to see a larger version.
Strange Random Election Quote:
I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them. – Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952
Related articles by Zemanta
- Schott Op-Chart: British General Election Briefing (schott.blogs.nytimes.com)
- General Election 2010: Gordon Brown refuses to apologise for Labour ‘lies’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sheldon Filger: Will the British General Election Save UK Economy From Collapse? (huffingtonpost.com)
- The British Labour Party Sets Its Message (mydd.com)
- 90 per cent of public not influenced by media, according to poll (newstatesman.com)