Another example of strange humour in English and a reminder that a Thesaurus is indeed a great investment, along with a good dictionary, of course. Double or even triple your vocabulary!
Strange Random Vocabulary Quote:
“I used to think I was poor. Then they told me I wasn’t poor, I was needy. Then they told me it was self-defeating to think of myself as needy. I was deprived. (Oh not deprived but rather underprivileged.) Then they told me that underprivileged was overused. I was disadvantaged. I still don’t have a dime. But I have a great vocabulary.” – Jules Feiffer
Related articles by Zemanta
- Using an English Dictionary Online in the Classroom (middle-school-lesson-plans.suite101.com)
- Do’s and Don’ts for Singular “They” : Behind the Dictionary : Thinkmap Visual Thesaurus (linusfernandes.com)
- Terminology, An App for the English Language (macstories.net)
- British English Thesaurus for OpenOffice 3.x (nuin.blogspot.com)
- Artha Offline Dictionary/Thesaurus makes defining words easy (omgubuntu.co.uk)
Found in an article about the band‘s concert stream last weekend:
(the stream is available on) U2’s You Tube page.
Best attempted after a couple of pints of Guinness!