Star Wars 1313 is the Star Wars Game I’ve Been Waiting For – Forbes
There’s a new Star Wars game called Star Wars 1313, and it just might be the game that gets me interested in Star Wars again. Details are very, very scant, and we’ll be waiting for E3 for any kind of blockbuster reveals, but here’s what we know so far: it’s a third-person action adventure game where you play a bounty hunter that makes his kills with gadgets and weapons rather than any “force nonsense.” People have speculated that it might star Boba Fett, and this has neither been confirmed nor denied.
And, most interestingly, it’s shooting for an “M” rating, according to Kotaku.
Star Wars has always been a clean world. The original, kid-friendly movies have set the tone for an entire universe that rarely strays too far from the PG-13 – sex is mostly represented through innuendo, laser weapons make blood a rare occurrence, morality is always binary, and so forth.
Which makes 1313’s decision to go for M exciting. Jedi are cool, don’t get me wrong. They move stuff with their minds and have lightsabers – these are things I can get behind. But the mythic, spiritual soldiers at the center of the Star Wars universe never interested me as much as the dirtier elements around the outside – smugglers, bounty hunters, crime lords, gas miners and the like.
Strange Random Star Wars Quote:
- Star Wars 1313 revealed, starring Boba Fett (gimmegimmegames.com)
- Star Wars 1313 officially announced, about Level 1313 on Coruscant (joystiq.com)
- ‘Star Wars 1313′ Official Details Released (gamerant.com)
- Star Wars 1313 Revealed And It’s All About Bounty Hunters (g4tv.com)
- There’s a New Star Wars Game, and it is Called 1313 [Update] [Star Wars] (kotaku.com)
- LucasFilm Announces Mature Video Game ‘Star Wars 1313’: Is It Related To The Live-Action TV Series? (slashfilm.com)
- LucasArts Unveils Star Wars 1313 (escapistmagazine.com)
- ‘Star Wars 1313’ targets older fans (variety.com)
- STAR WARS 1313 Officially Announced by LucasArts (geektyrant.com)
- Star Wars: 1313 revealed (e3.gamespot.com)