Dick Clark’s rockin’ retreat listed for $3.5 million – A home fit for a Flintstone 1 – CNNMoney
Whoever buys the place from the “world’s oldest teenager” will likely feel as if they are channeling another celebrity: Fred Flintstone.
The architect, Phillip Jon Brown, said the prehistoric design was dictated by circumstance. The 23-acre site is next to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area, which originally objected to Clark building a home on the property.
“[Clark] dug in his heels and said he was going to build a house there,” said Brown, “I came up with the idea that if the house looked like a rock formation, the park conservancy would let us build on top. They liked the concept.”
Strange Random Architecture Quote:
- Celebrity Real Estate: Dick Clark Lists His Rockin’ Rock-Carved SoCal Home (curbed.com)
- Dick Clark’s Flintstones Style Home For Sale (inquisitr.com)
- Dick Clark’s Stunning Flintstone-Style House For Sale in Malibu, CA (laughingsquid.com)
- Which TV Icon Is Selling His Flintstone-Approved Home? (eonline.com)
- Photos: Dick Clark’s ‘Flintstone’ $3.5M Home (abcnews.go.com)
- Dick Clark’s Unusual House is for Sale (neatorama.com)
- Dick Clark — I’m Selling My ‘Flintstones’ House (tmz.com)
- Unique Cave Style Home For Sale Owned by Dick Clark (interiordesign-planning.com)
- Dick Clark’s Rock-In Malibu Home for Sale Design News 03.02.12 (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Modern Flintstone’s House for Sale (offbeatearth.com)