Ready or Not, Time to Share More – NYTimes.com
Just when you thought you had finally figured out Facebook once and for all, here comes a whole new way to spend all your time tinkering with it. Over the next few weeks, every one of Facebook’s nearly one billion members will have their profile pages forcibly updated to an ambitious new layout that Facebook calls Timeline.
If you are a Facebook user, your page may not have Timeline yet. But once you have been upgraded, which will be soon, there will be no going back. So you might as well learn how it works.
Previously, Facebook’s profiles consisted of a single page of recent status updates. Now, your Timeline will present a navigable index of every single update and post you have ever made, should you wish to allow it. (If you don’t have Timeline yet and want to turn it on, you can do so facebook.com/timeline.)
Moreover, you can extend your Timeline to stretch back in time, adding additional posts dating to your birth, or even before. An interactive map plots the locations to which your posts are pegged. The company’s goal is simple: Get people to use Facebook to tell their life stories, and to mix real-world events — photos, videos, personal stories — with automated updates posted by apps.
If you’re eager to fashion the ultimate Timeline, there are a few tricks you should know.
Strange Random Facebook Quote:
“(With) a lot of these new technologies, there’s this element of addiction whether it’s cell phones or checking your e-mail or blog. Last year, everywhere I went, like cafes and wireless nodes, everyone was checking their Facebook, posting in their Facebook groups and e-mailing.” – David Silver
- Ready or Not, Time to Share More (nytimes.com)
- 10 Facebook Page Timeline Cover Examples | #Facebook #socialmedia (sanajt.wordpress.com)
- Facebook’s Timeline for Pages: Resources (annehornyak.com)
- New York Times gets new-look Facebook page with timeline of 160-year history (blogs.journalism.co.uk)
- 5 Facebook Timeline Tips for Companies (christopherspenn.com)
- Facebook Timeline for Pages Launches, TabSite Supports New Timeline App Tab Width of 810 Pixels (prweb.com)
- Top Tips to Get You Up and Running on Facebook’s new Timeline for Brand Pages (lipsticking.com)
- 5 Things Brands Need to Know Now about Facebook Timeline (venpop.com)
- Images and Sizes for the New Timeline Layout on Facebook Pages (kimwoodbridge.com)
- Marketing Your Business With a Facebook Page? Better Get Ready for Timeline! (nightdayproductions.com)
Last 5 Posts
- By Dickens, A Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes
- The Hobbit: Video Technology You Can Do at Home – Businessweek
- 5 Mayan Apocalypse Myths Debunked – Yahoo! News
- How Walt Disney’s women have grown up – Features – Films – The Independent
- ‘Casablanca’ piano auctioned for $600,000, less than expected – UPI.com
Browse by Category
- By Dickens, A #Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes goo.gl/fb/K8Xh4g #article| Tweeted by us 11 months ago
- 7 facts and figures about Christmas trees in Canada – Business – CBC News goo.gl/fb/waaw8h| Tweeted by us 1 year ago
- By Dickens, A #Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes goo.gl/fb/g05eI #article| Tweeted by us 2 years ago
- By Dickens, A Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters –@Forbes wp.me/pGwVe-2S1| Tweeted by us 2 years ago
- 7 facts and figures about Christmas trees in Canada – Business – CBC News goo.gl/fb/7A9M3| Tweeted by us 2 years ago