New mysteries coming to Facebook from ‘Gardens of Time’ team
Online social gamers will have some new clues to resolve when Blackwood and Bell Mysteries launches on Facebook Wednesday.
The new hidden-object game from publisher Playdom and the makers of Gardens of Time — named by Facebook as the site’s top game of 2011 — promises a deeper story starring James Blackwood and Catherine Bell, a British and American detective team.
“The characters and storyline you will find in Blackwood and Bell Mysteries evolve the hidden-object genre and provide players with a more immersive gaming experience,” says the game’s producer, Joey Klein. “Blackwood and Bell should offer a familiar game-play experience to Garden of Time players but with the addition of a deeper narrative and darker mystery theme, which we hope players will enjoy. We have also incorporated more social-play components, such as challenging a friend to solve a timed scene and sharing important evidence with your friends to help solve a case.”
Strange Random Mystery Quote:
“I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick (American clergyman 1878-1969)
- Blackwood & Bell Mysteries on Facebook puts a magnifier on story (games.com)
- Playdom looks for second hidden object hit with Blackwood & Bell Mysteries (insidesocialgames.com)
- Trendspotting: Why hidden object games are hot on Facebook (games.com)
- Marvel: Avengers Alliance on Facebook packs a wham and a thwhack (games.com)
- Zynga Rivals Playdom’s ‘Gardens Of Time’ With Treasure-Finding Game ‘Hidden Chronicles’ (readwriteweb.com)
- Facebook builds European social games team following startups’ success (guardian.co.uk)
- The Fight For Facebook: Mickey Mouse Takes On Zynga’s Bulldog (readwriteweb.com)
- Zynga’s Hidden Chronicles on Facebook: Our guide to getting started [Video] (games.com)
- Playdom’s Gardens of Time bests Zynga offerings as most-played Facebook game (vg247.com)