Life Inc. – It’s guys, not ladies, who splurge on lunch
The next time you stop in for a morning latte or head out for a restaurant lunch, take a look around – and don’t be surprised if you see a lot of young men standing in line.
A new survey of workers finds that men spend significantly more on coffee and lunch than women.
The survey, from staffing firm Accounting Principals, also found that younger workers spend more than older workers on lunch and coffee during the workday.
Overall, those lunches out and coffee breaks are costing workers a bundle. American workers who buy coffee and lunch spend an average of $1,000 a year on coffee and $2,000 a year on lunch, based on the survey of 1,000 workers.
About two-thirds of workers buy lunch and half buy coffee during the week.
Strange Random Lunch Quote:
“The Dalai Lama visited the White House and told the President that he could teach him to find a higher state of consciousness. Then after talking to Bush for a few minutes, he said, “You know what? Let’s just grab lunch.”” – Bill Maher (American Comedian, Actor, Writer and Producer. b.1956)
- Could you live on just £5 a day? (confused.com)
- The Economista: Spilling the (Coffee) Beans (thebruinclub.wordpress.com)
- Quest for the best coffee: Out To Lunch (uowfood.wordpress.com)
- How Many People Can It Take? (fairtradeconnect.wordpress.com)
Last 5 Posts
- By Dickens, A Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes
- The Hobbit: Video Technology You Can Do at Home – Businessweek
- 5 Mayan Apocalypse Myths Debunked – Yahoo! News
- How Walt Disney’s women have grown up – Features – Films – The Independent
- ‘Casablanca’ piano auctioned for $600,000, less than expected – UPI.com
Browse by Category
- By Dickens, A #Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes goo.gl/fb/K8Xh4g #article| Tweeted by us 2 years ago
- 7 facts and figures about Christmas trees in Canada – Business – CBC News goo.gl/fb/waaw8h| Tweeted by us 2 years ago
- By Dickens, A #Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters – Forbes goo.gl/fb/g05eI #article| Tweeted by us 4 years ago
- By Dickens, A Christmas Carol Means Big Money For American Theaters –@Forbes wp.me/pGwVe-2S1| Tweeted by us 4 years ago
- 7 facts and figures about Christmas trees in Canada – Business – CBC News goo.gl/fb/7A9M3| Tweeted by us 4 years ago