New whisky simply liquid gold for Adelaide’s Southern Coast Distillers | News.com.au
“Our first customer was an Adelaide plastic surgeon who bought a bottle at a charity auction and paid $500 for it in February this year,” co-owner Ian Schmidt said.
The surgeon has been back to buy more, and the single malt batch 002, lauded as liquid gold by Mr Murray, has sold out at $110 a pop.
The company established a website this year and is receiving increasing numbers of purchases online. Most hits are from Australia, followed by the US and Ireland. It also has won medals through the Malt Whisky Society of Australia.
Strange Random Whisky Quote:
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.” – W. C. Fields (American Comic and Actor, 1880-1946)
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Whisky (Which I Learned from Glenfiddich) (ginosblog.com)
- Whiskey, Scotch & Bourbon: What’s the Difference? (italianenglishblog.wordpress.com)
- Scotland’s Old Pulteney takes 2012 Whisky of the Year title (100gf.wordpress.com)
- Whisky, Japan’s Next Big Export? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Wick malt ‘world’s best whisky’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Rare bottle of 55-year-old single malt whiskey fetches £46,000 to set new world record (dailymail.co.uk)
- Indian Companies Passing Off Alcohol As ‘Scotch whisky’ (aussiecigars.com)
- Spirits of The Times: Whisky From Islay, Scotland – Spirits of The Times (nytimes.com)
- Whisky Blender (uncrate.com)