Store Wars: Waterstone’s and WH Smith | Money | guardian.co.uk
Each week we are looking at two shops competing in the same sector and reviewing what they are offering customers: from how helpful the staff are, to the best bargains currently on offer.
In order to get a better idea of which retailers are delivering and which are falling short, we would like you to tell us about your experiences in your local branches of the same shops.
Some weeks, both stores we visit may do a good job, other weeks there will be one that stands out as being much better or worse. Your reviews will help us discover if this is a national trend or just a problem with the particular branch we visited.
Strange Random Bookshop Quote:
“I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, ‘Where’s the self-help section?’ She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.” ― George Carlin
- Barnes & Noble’s Nook Will Likely Launch In UK In 2012 (moconews.net)
- Waterstone’s ditches ‘3 for 2’ offer after more than a decade (telegraph.co.uk)
- Waterstones CEO Slams Amazon, Reaffirms Plans For e-Reader, The ‘Windle’ (paidcontent.org)
- Apple’s struggle to defeat Amazon set to be exposed by European ebook inquiry (guardian.co.uk)
- HMV and Waterstones Store Closures – Changing Economy or Failure to Change? (epiphanysolutions.co.uk)
- James Daunt: ‘Amazon are a ruthless, money-making devil, the consumer’s enemy’ (independent.co.uk)
- Christmas 2011: celebrity chefs battle over cookery books (telegraph.co.uk)
- Daunting task for Waterstone’s chief as he takes on Amazon (independent.co.uk)