English Butlers Wanted For Super-Rich Clients – Bloomberg
The Guild of Professional English Butlers has trained 20 percent more butlers this year than last, placing them with clients as soon as they are ready, according to Robert Watson, head of the firm in southern England, last week. The number of domestic staff registered with Greycoat Placements has trebled over the past three years, Managing Director Debbie Salter said.
“Demand is outstripping supply,” Watson said by telephone. “We deal with people who often are cash rich and time poor. The credit crunch did affect things for a time, but before you get rid of the butler, get rid of the Ferrari.”
As Europe struggles with a debt crisis and the U.S. tries to revive its economy, burgeoning growth in emerging markets is boosting spending on luxuries like never before, and creating opportunities for more people to look after them.
Strange Random Butler Quote:
“Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There’s nothing like having a midget for a butler.”
- New superrich boost demand for British butlers (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Asian wealth boosts demand for English butlers (sfgate.com)
- English Butlers Wanted For Super-Rich Clients in China, Russia (businessweek.com)
- Exporting butlers to China (smh.com.au)
- Why Your Butler Might Leave You..For China (businessinsider.com)
- A Butler’s Guide to Gentlemen’s Grooming (thepulsemagazine.onsugar.com)