Scientists Say Super Lenses Supplying Information Technology Are No Longer Just For Science Fiction | Technology | Sky News
A contact lens has been developed that could one day allow the wearer to read emails, news reports and other digitised information – like a Terminator cyborg.
The prototype infovision super lens is aimed at allowing personalised information to be streamed across the user’s line of vision.
The idea is that messages and images flit onto the lens so they are available in an instant, wherever the wearer is.
It could also be used for health reasons, for example giving up-to-date information on blood sugar levels and other potentially important medical information.
Strange Random Lens Quote:
- The contact lenses that help you check your emails (telegraph.co.uk)
- Terminator-Style Contact Lens Projects Info Before Your Eyes (healthland.time.com)
- Terminator-style vision gets closer with new ‘smart’ contact lenses (digitaltrends.com)
- Here comes the future: Augmented reality contact lenses have been tested on rabbits (thenextweb.com)
- Boffins one step closer to Terminator vision (go.theregister.com)