The Story of Broke – it’s here!
The United States isn’t broke; we’re the richest country on the planet and a country in which the richest among us are doing exceptionally well. But the truth is, our economy is broken, producing more pollution, greenhouse gasses and garbage than any other country. In these and so many other ways, it just isn’t working. But rather than invest in something better, we continue to keep this ‘dinosaur economy’ on life support with hundreds of billions of dollars of our tax money. The Story of Broke calls for a shift in government spending toward investments in clean, green solutions—renewable energy, safer chemicals and materials, zero waste and more—that can deliver jobs AND a healthier environment. It’s time to rebuild the American Dream; but this time, let’s build it better.
Strange Random Being Broke Quote:
Human beings will line up for miles to buy a bucket of catastrophes, but don’t try selling sunshine and light – you’ll go broke. – Chuck Jones
- The Story of Broke (2011) (milkandcookies.com)
- The Story of Broke: Rebuild the American Dream, better (dangerousminds.net)
- The Story of Broke (2011) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- The Story of Broke – Annie Leonard’s new film (creativityland.ca)
- Teaser Trailer, the Story of Broke (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Launched Today: The Story of Broke Puts the Real Crony Capitalism on Notice (Video) (treehugger.com)
- Join Annie Leonard (The Story of Stuff/The Story of Broke) for a Live Chat, Thursday 10th Nov 3e/12p (treehugger.com)