Bubble car jolt for Paris electric car-share scheme | Reuters
Reuters – Paris launches its first car-sharing project next week with the aim of clearing its traffic-clogged boulevards and delivering what its backers hope will be a major boost for electric vehicles.
In a two-month pilot scheme starting October 2, a rounded, ultracompact Bluecar built by Bollore’s conglomerate BOLL.PA and powered by his alternative lithium-metal-polymer battery can be hired for 30 minutes for 4-8 euros by motorists who pay a 10-euro Autolib membership fee.
“We want to persuade people to shift from the concept of owning a car to that of using a car,” Autolib General Manager Morald Chibout told Reuters.
Strange Random Traffic Quote:
“If they’d lower the taxes and get rid of the smog and clean up the traffic mess, I really believe I’d settle here until the next earthquake” – Groucho Marx (American Comedian, Actor and Singer, 1890-1977)
- Caption competition 13 (economist.com)
- COST OF THINGS: Brazilian Bubble: Car Prices Comparison: Brazil x USA (expatbrazil.wordpress.com)
- Electric cars in grant scheme named (confused.com)
- EU encourages electric car pick up with new safety rules (money.marksandspencer.com)
- Wheelz: Car sharing for campuses (gigaom.com)
- Former GM Vice-Chairman Bob Lutz Joins Electric Car Company Via Motors (treehugger.com)
- Major slump in electric car sales (autonetinsurance.co.uk)
- Electric cars for rent in Quebec (cbc.ca)