Short order: PJ McMillan | The Australian
Best recent dining experience: A very simple farewell for a good friend on our veranda, tucking into eye fillet burgers on great bread, washed down with 2002 Cristal.
Must-buy ingredient: Trunks of Victorian lamb (the whole beast without the back legs). We do all the butchery ourselves at the restaurant before slow-cooking the shoulders and serving them with either the grilled rack, loin or fillet on polenta, accompanied by berbere-spiced zucchini.
Most embarrassing pantry item: Most of the embarrassing items revolve around my three children who are aged under 10. Quite a few snack-pack type things seem to find their way into their schoolbags.
Strange Random Food Quote:
- Buddies in Brisbane – Brisbane, Australia (travelpod.com)
- Video: Inflation wars – Australia, New Zealand, Singapore (tradingfloor.com)
- Settling in Oz – Surfers Paradise, Australia (travelpod.com)
- Pan Pacific’s Heart Pumping F1 Gourmet Safari! (thetravellinggourmet.wordpress.com)
- Welcome to the East Coast (fathomtaiwan.com)
- The Weekend Australian Magazine gets a revamp (mumbrella.com.au)
- What’s for Dinner: A 95-year-old minister’s daily bread (thestar.com)