Jackson fans say tribute concert doomed to fail | Reuters
In an open letter to organizers Global Live Events, the fan clubs representing thousands of die-hard Jackson followers in Europe, Australia, China and Russia, said they had multiple concerns with the October8 event in Wales.
These ranged from confusion over charitable donations to the timing of the concert during the scheduled involuntary manslaughter trial in Los Angeles of the singer’s doctor.
Organizers on Monday announced that Beyonce would sing one song via satellite at the “Michael Forever Tribute.” Other headliners include Christina Aguilera, Smokey Robinson and Cee Lo Green who are due to perform a Jackson hit along with their own songs. Ticket prices range from 55 to 240 pounds.
Last week, organizers were forced to oust rock band Kiss from the line-up after Jackson fans recalled that frontman Gene Simmons called the “Thriller” singer a child molester last year.
Strange Random Michael Jackson Quote:
“Me and Janet really are two different people.”
- Beyonce Set To Perform At Michael Jackson: The Tribute Concert (divamission.wordpress.com)
- Kiss Booted From Michael Jackson Tribute Concert (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Kiss Dropped From Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Lineup (foxnews.com)
- Christina Aguilera: Airport Arrival with Matthew Rutler (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Christina Aguilera and Smokey Robinson On Board for Michael Jackson Tribute (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Jackson concert promoters remove Kiss from lineup (pbpulse.com)