Once again, Carlos Slim is the leader of the Billionaire‘s league table, with the added extra this year that he seems to be getting richer, although this is mostly due to numbers 2 and 3, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, getting poorer by giving their money away. Some people have no consideration …
According to Forbes, there are now a record 1,210 billionaires with a net worth of $4.5 trillion. Moscow is the city with the most billionaires in the world (but how many of them actually LIVE there, we ask ourselves?).
More importantly, no member of the Exit Languages staff managed to break into the Top 100 for the nth year in a row. Oh, well, back to the day job!
In the latest list of the world’s billionaires, published by Forbes, no fewer than six made their money from Facebook. As members of the world’s richest club, the Facebook six have become an elite within the super-elite. Top of the list is Mark Zuckerberg, the social networking site‘s CEO and president, who helped to create it while at Harvard University. He ranks 52nd in the Forbes list, with a fortune estimated at $13.5bn. His wealth, along with the other five, massively increased this year when Goldman Sachs arranged an injection of $1.5bn £926m in capital into the site, valuing the company, which remains private, at $50bn.
Also see: http://www.forbes.com/
Strange Random Wealth Quote:
Money isn’t the most important thing in life, but it’s reasonably close to oxygen on the “gotta have it” scale. – Zig Ziglar
- You: Asia displaces Europe in billionaire count: Forbes (france24.com)
- Phil Knight still only Oregonian on Forbes’ billionaires list (oregonlive.com)
- Richest Man in the World Carlos Slim at $74bn Net Worth (businessinsider.com)
- Mexico’s Slim again tops Forbes billionaires list (msnbc.msn.com)
- UPDATE 2-China, Russia drive growth in world’s billionaires (reuters.com)