Olympic organisers have stepped up attempts to generate £1bn in merchandising revenues by launching a flagship store at Heathrow‘s Terminal 5 and unveiling an animated film featuring the 2012 mascots and a string of Team GB athletes.
The store is the first to open at an airport, acknowledging that a large proportion of the £1bn revenue target – which will raise £80m in profit towards the London Organising Committee‘s operational budget of £2bn – will come from the pockets of overseas visitors.
The film, Adventures on a Rainbow, is narrated by Simon Russell Beale.
Unfortunately, they are not very happy for people to share the video on blogs or websites, so you have to click to watch on YouTube. Some people are SOOOO protective, don’t you think?
Strange Random Olympics Quote:
At the Olympics in China, every color was represented… and that was just the drinking water. – Evan Sayet
- Michael Morpurgo brings Olympic stars to life (telegraph.co.uk)
- Is Russia’s 2014 Olympic Mascot a Copycat of the 1980 Logo? (newsfeed.time.com)
- Sochi unveils Olympic mascots (theglobeandmail.com)
- The Olympics Need Iran (marchiori11.wordpress.com)
- Oh those sneaky Brits – Muslims think London 2012 Olympics logo secretly spells “ZION” (barenakedislam.wordpress.com)
- Iran fumes over London 2012 ‘Zion’ logo (guardian.co.uk)
- Mock mascot loses Olympic race, wins bloggers’ hearts (rt.com)
Cool site devoted to the celebration of Saint David’s Day, or as you can see, the Week.
St David’s Week returns in 2011 from 26 February – 6 March
Join in our annual St David’s Week festival, to celebrate our patron saint, St David. The festival opens with a Saint David’s Celebration with Only Men Aloud & Morriston Orpheus Choir, while there are many more events which cover a wide range range of activities, so if you are a music lover then join in the dancing festivities at the Welsh Twmpath with music from ‘Jac-y-Do’, or join in with over 200 children as they sing their hearts out at the very special St David’s Day concert, “Saint, Songs & Celebration”.
Strange Random Saint Quote:
- St. David’s Day – Part 1 (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- St David’s Day Meal (wrexhamblog.wordpress.com)
- Get your profile picture face painted for St. David’s Day (harrys-travel.com)
- Land of Song? You Decide! (harrys-travel.com)
- Great Scott stars for super Swans (skysports.com)