A young Saudi designer has turned his talent into a profitable business by designing t-shirts, rather than traditional abayas and kandouras. His ‘walking canvases’ have courted controversy and provoked some debate, but are proving a hit across the Arab world. Hani Alireza, the founder of Wasta, told the BBC‘s Ben Thompson about his success.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Strange Random T-Shirt Quote:
“Upon the Advice of My Attorney, My Shirt Bears No Message at This Time”
Related articles by Zemanta
- T-shirt controversy (bbc.co.uk)
- BBC News: Google Street View accused of Congress ‘snooping’ (boxofmeat.net)
- Poor treatment is the BBC way, says Sissons (independent.co.uk)
- Jonathan Ross bids farewell to BBC (newstatesman.com)
- Slideshow: A history of BBC homepages from 1996 to 2010 (matthewparsons.net)
- Cable hits out at ‘rip-off banks’ (channel4.com)
- BBC News – World Cup replica made of cocaine found in Colombia (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)