From Harrison Ford’s Big Apple penthouse to the late Elizabeth Taylor’s Bel Air estate, you can own a piece of A-list real estate as long as you’re able to pay the price. Celebrity homes are on the market all the time, with plenty to choose from, and compared to the recent rash of billionaire homes, they can be surprisingly affordable. Of course, some are still plenty expensive. Here is a look at some of the homes of the ultra-famous currently on the market, as listed by TopTenRealEstateDeals.com, which posts famous and unique homes weekly.
The standout beauty of her era, Elizabeth Taylor became as famous for her string of failed marriages as for her amazing track record in film, and later, became a noted philanthropist and charity superstar. Her longtime Bel Air residence is on the market for the first time since she bought in 1981. The 1.3 acre lot overlooks LA, and has its own guard house fronting the driveway. The home is 7,000-square feet and has numerous suites and an open floorplan, along with a lovely pool of iridescent mosaic tile, with adjoining sauna and shower facilities. Grounds have extensive formal flowerbeds, a bamboo jungle, rose gardens and walking paths, plus a koi pond and greenhouse for cultivating orchids. A slice of Old Hollywood, yours for $8,600,000.
Strange Random Celebrity Quote:
“It stirs up envy, fame does. People feel fame gives them some kind of privilege to walk up to you and say anything to you – and it won’t hurt your feelings – like it’s happening to your clothing.” – Marilyn Monroe
- Elizabeth Taylor’s House Sells (huffingtonpost.com)
- Forbes Top 5 Highest Paid Actors [List] (radio923fm.radio.com)
- An Update on the Pending Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Auction (rubylane.com)
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp Top Highest-Paid Actors List (mtv.com)
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Bel Air Estate Sold, Sold, Sold (perezhilton.com)
- Do You Agree With Forbes’s Most Powerful Celebrities? (popsugar.com)