Colour is vital to organisations across the world. Whether involved in interior design, fashion, manufacturing or a host of other activities, colour is a pre-eminent factor in establishing whether a product will or will not sell. ICA colour forecasts, 24 months ahead of the retail selling season, are now available online with Pantone© and NCS notations to ensure colour accuracy when communicating on the Internet.
No, really, this is what they do. This information is not cheap, either – a subscription for Autumn / Winter 2011 – 2012 will cost you 250 pounds (sterling) or you can get two seasons for 400 pounds.
Who said colour wasn’t important?
Strange Random Colour Quote:
There are no lines in nature, only areas of colour, one against another. – Edouard Manet
- How to locate Pantone colours in the chromaticity diagram? (ask.metafilter.com)
- How do you make an interior romantic (wiki.answers.com)
- Cashmere Colour Trends for 2011/12 to be Unveiled at Cashmere World Trade Show (via Cashmere Throw Blog) (kothea.com)
- NCS Colour Scan 2.0 (coolhunting.com)
- The real life colour picker is now real (amnesiablog.wordpress.com)
- Remodel The Essense Of Your Bed Room Rapidly And Easily With Colour And Simple Changes (allhome-improve.com)
- Sharks may be colour-blind (cbc.ca)
Arugula. Kiwi, Gusto Gold, Laudible Lime, Leap Frog, Cardinal Red. With Sherwin Williams swatches as our muse and medium, we were asked by our friends at McKinney to explore a world made of color, literally. The first in a multi-spot campaign, “paint chips” introduces viewers to this clever concept, taking us on an unexpected, variegated journey.
Poppy Flower, Poinsettia, Stolen Kiss, Electric Lime. For our second spot in the Sherwin Williams paint chiwe campaign, we turn our lens on a colony of busy bees out for a sun-drenched, afternoon adventure.
Production Co: Buck – Agency: McKinney – Producer: Josh Eggleston – GCD: Ellen Steinberg – Copywriter: Jenny Nicholson – Art Director: John Hagerty
Strange Random Advertising Quote:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Advertising: Speaking to Imagination and Emotion to Sell Paint (nytimes.com)
- Favorite things should inspire the palette in your home (cleveland.com)
- Buyer’s wish list too ambitious for her suite (atomiurl.com)