Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping Gospel Choir on a cross-country mission to save Christmas from the Shopocalypse (the end of humankind from consumerism, over-consumption and the fires of eternal debt.)
Strange Random Consumerism Quote:
You can never get enough of what you don’t need to make you happy. – Eric Hoffer
- Consumerism with no criticism (sugar0kat.wordpress.com)
- Me, You, & Christmas (mejonez.wordpress.com)
- Rev. Billy: What you don’t need to buy for Christmas (or Hanukah, or whatever) (forbes.com)
- The – only – good thing about Christmas. (lindeay.wordpress.com)
- Putting Christ Back into a Consumer-driven Christmas? (bobcornwall.com)
- Eric Hoffer Award (digitalebookformatting.wordpress.com)
Retail $14.99 and up
Do you have one speed, one gear, go? Perhaps you can dress up like a “total bitchin’ rock star from Mars” this Halloween. You’ll have company.
Major media events often provide inspiration for Halloween, and Charlie Sheen’s meltdown was particularly spectacular.
There are plenty of ways people will be putting together Sheen characters. Some will interpret Sheen’s catch phrases, while others will mimic him. To help pull the costume together, there are masks and wigs, even bowling shirts, Fedora hats, sunglasses and shirts that say “Winning.” Adding a “Goddess” on each arm can’t hurt either, but I’m afraid the Tiger Blood is sold separately.
(Extremely) Strange Random Charlie Sheen Quote:
“If you borrowed my brain for five seconds, you’d be like, ‘Dude! Can’t handle it, unplug this bastard!’ . “It fires in a way that’s maybe not from, uh… this terrestrial realm.”
- Popular Halloween Costumes (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Does Charlie Sheen Make Money on Charlie Sheen Halloween Masks? (eonline.com)
- If You’re Going for Scary, You Don’t Even Need the Mask (celebs.icanhascheezburger.com)
- Nicki Minaj: Most Searched Celeb Costume (abcnews.go.com)
- Lil Wayne Is Ready For Halloween! [PHOTO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- The Top 12 Halloween Costumes (ksfm.radio.com)
- Halloween costumes on the fly for less cash (abclocal.go.com)
- Nicki Minaj Is Most-Searched Celeb Halloween Costume (mtv.com)
- Halloween costume making a statement (atyoursenses.com)
Made in America Tattoo Company Has Halloween Trick Up its Sleeve | Halloween Candy Alternatives | Customized Temporary Tattoos | Business News Daily
While costumed kids still are sure to be bombarded with the holiday’s traditional candy, Tattoo Manufacturing and its parent company TM International have unveiled more than 100 new Halloween-inspired tattoos in hopes of positioning their product as an alternative to candy this Halloween.
With a collection including devils, ghosts, pirates, pumpkins, skulls, spiders, witches and vampires – some of which glow in the dark – Damon Safranek, director of corporate strategy and analysis for TM International, said the company also has seen a notable uptick in the number of people adding them as the finishing touches to their costumes.
“We see a lot of traffic for both treats for children and Halloween costumes,” Safranek told BusinessNewsDaily.
Halloween sales are just a small part of what has helped turn a one-person operation into the world’s largest temporary tattoo manufacturer, printing more than 6 million tattoos each day.
Strange Random Tattoo Quote:
Show me a man with a tattoo and I’ll show you a man with an interesting past. – Jack London
- My Halloween Tattoos (stephentrepreneur.wordpress.com)
- Trick or Treat, Don’t Hurt My Teeth (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- Halloween Help: Apps to Keep Kids Safe (abcnews.go.com)
- Halloween Parties and Pumpkin Carving (moneysupermarket.com)
- Tattoo-Year-Old (ellen.warnerbros.com)
- 5 Awesome MMA-Themed Halloween Costumes (bleacherreport.com)
- Creepy, Spooky, Scary Halloween Tattoos (humor.gunaxin.com)
- Classic Rock Halloween Costumes: A Recap (wzlx.radio.com)
- Find A Great Temporary Tattoo (wbsnhr.wordpress.com)
- Here Is Your Inevitable Dragon Tattoo Clothing Line [Video] (jezebel.com)
- What’s your Halloween Playlist? (magnaefamae.com)
- Halloween’s Candynomics (thedailymeal.com)
- Celtic Festivals to Candy Corns: A Brief History of Halloween (thedailymeal.com)
- How Much Candy Do Americans Eat on Halloween? (livescience.com)
More pumpkins, this time specially-themed ones!
Strange Random Scary Quote:
Hold on, man. We don’t go anywhere with “scary,” “spooky,” “haunted,” or “forbidden” in the title. – From Scooby-Doo
- Halloween: Pumpkin Carving and Decorating Ideas | Martha Stewart (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Watch (Literal) Smashing Pumpkins (thedailymeal.com)
- Artist carves up some deliciously ‘Smashing Pumpkins’ for the Holidays (fernexpress.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Carving (chasingmoonbeamsbyday.wordpress.com)
- The Crazed Pumpkin Art of Ray Villafane (makezine.com)
- Hunting Pumpkins at Adiva (jjsadventures.wordpress.com)
- The ART of pumpkin carving (chicquero.com)
- Apparently there’s such a thing as master FOOD sculptors, and they excel at carving life-sized pumpkin zombies. (blahbethany.com)
- Best ever Pumpkin recipe ever… did I say ever?! (atyoursenses.com)
Whether you’re carving, decorating, or using this classic fall gourd for Halloween inspiration, our pumpkin ideas will excite you all season.Grouped together on the mantel, Drac-o’-lantern and tiny winged pals create a Transylvanian scene. Run-of-the-mill pushpins turn into devilish red eyes.
Strange Random Pumpkin Quote:
“Men are like pumpkins. It seems like all the good ones are either taken or they’ve had everything scraped out of their heads with a spoon.” – Anon.
- Need Some Last Minute Halloween Decorating Ideas? Martha Stewart (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Free Pumpkin Carving Patterns (livingrichwithcoupons.com)
- Pumpkin Sundays: So You Want to Carve Your Pumpkin? (thedilettantista.com)
- Fall Fun Fest: Halloween Party Ideas (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Morbid Martha Stewart Mondays: Outdoor Decorations (thedilettantista.com)
- The Science of Carving Pumpkins (designhouse9.wordpress.com)
- Martha Stewart: I’m not a Republican (politico.com)
- Make your jack-o-lantern really ghostly (theglobeandmail.com)
- World’s Largest Pumpkin Carving of the Day (geeks.thedailywh.at)
- The World’s Largest Pumpkin Carving Is Also the Most Impressive [Art] (gizmodo.com)