The fourth annual World Naked Bike Ride rolled through Halifax and other Canadian cities on Saturday. Some people in downtown Halifax may have been startled to see about 100 naked bicycle riders on parade over the weekend. The global ride was intended to promote bicycling as an alternative to cars and other oil-dependent modes of travel, and to remind motorists to drive safely around bicycles.
For some of the cyclists, the day was also a personal triumph. “It was just like, 15 minutes before that I decided to do it,” said Laura Burke, a first-time naked rider.
- 2011 World Naked Bike Ride Toronto (alainsojourner.com)
- Toronto celebrates 2011 World Naked Bike Ride (alainsojourner.com)
- British naturism and the UK, the World Naked Bike Ride Day in Brighton and the Midsummer Skinny Dip (calogeromiratraveland.wordpress.com)
- Ottawa Naked (More like topless) Bike Ride (blurasis.wordpress.com)
- Fighting A Naked Guy: Two Cyclists Assaulted, Subjected To Anti-Gay Slurs (laist.com)
- Grab a Seat and Enjoy the View: Hopefully your in-laws are in town… (sf.curbed.com)
- Naked Cycling (asouthernbell.wordpress.com)