Australia’s ABC broadcaster has had to cancel its satirical royal wedding special after being told footage could not be used for “comedy purposes”. The programme, which was due to be aired on ABC2, featured the well-known comedy team The Chaser. Contractual restrictions bar comedy and entertainment programmes from using live footage of the ceremony. The comedians have now written to Buckingham Palace asking for what they call a “stay of execution“.
ABC – Australia‘s national broadcaster – said it was “surprised and disappointed” to be told that live footage from the royal wedding could not be used.
Strange Random Comedy Quote:
- BBC and Clarence House ban satirical takes on Royal Wedding (liberalconspiracy.org)
- What He Said: Morrissey Alleges that the Royal Family are Benefit Scroungers (adamshallah.wordpress.com)
- God save us from the future Queen #royalwedding (burbleburble.wordpress.com)
- Royal Wedding (jamesobrien.id.au)
- Royal wedding coverage: how O2 will cope with Will and Kate mania (o2.co.uk)
- Royal Wedding Dress Rehearsal: Cadets, Carriages and Calvary Stage Pre-Dawn Walk-Through (newsfeed.time.com)
Tate Britain 9 June – 5 September 2010
Put together with some the country’s best-known cartoonists and comedy writers, this exhibition explores British comic art from the 1600s to the present day. Bringing together a wide array of paintings, sculptures, film and photography, as well as graphic art and comic books, the exhibition celebrates a rich history of cartooning and visual jokes.
Strange random Humour Quote:
Humor results when society says you can’t scratch certain things in public, but they itch in public. – Tom Walsh
Related articles by Zemanta
- ‘Rude Britannia’ looks at 300 years of comic art (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Steve Bell: a grotesque eye on history (guardian.co.uk)
- Rude Britannia: British Comic Art, at Tate Britain (will-self.com)
- Rude Britannia at Tate Britain, review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Steve Bell on The Worship of Bacchus by George Cruikshank (guardian.co.uk)
Britain has a long and varied past – it has been conquered repeatedly, it has conquered others, and it has colonized half the planet. Through its history, many strange traditions and festivals have arisen. This list looks at ten of the most unusual.
Strange Random Britain Quote:
Related articles by Zemanta
- Stephen Colbert On The Scrabble Controversy (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Last PMQs: analysis (newstatesman.com)
- Doctor Who Season 5 trailer (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
In this episode of the Ikea Burbank store melodrama, James’s brother is kidnapped and held for ransom, while a new couple think about moving into the neighbourhood. And as usual, a lot of ordinary people are trying to do their shopping …. You can find the previous episodes here: Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3
Strange Random Language Fact: