A survey of 2,000 adults showed that men preferred the whiff of bacon, while sweet-smelling laundry or sheets came out on top for women.
The worst smells were sweaty socks and wet dogs, the research by odour eliminator Febreze found.
Strange Random Bread Quote:
Alte brot is nicht hart. Keine brot, das ist hart. – German Proverb
(Directly translated, “Old bread is not hard. No bread, that is hard.”). Taken from The Fresh Loaf.Com
- Making Perfect Bacon (awakeninspiration.wordpress.com)
- Geek Toys : Bacon Scented Air Freshener (thinkgeek.com)
- Try this recipe out after Church for Sunday Brunch – Bacon, Tomato and Cheddar Breakfast Bake with Eggs (cookingwithspanky.net)
- Cooking Bacon In The Oven (mademan.com)
- A bread masterclass with Warings Bakery (thehungrysparrow.wordpress.com)
- Cheesy, Bacon-Wrapped Dates (mapetitemaisonverte.com)
- The Quad: Tailgating Recipes: Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls (thequad.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Peas, Bacon, & Pearl Onions Recipe (fatbottomedfriends.wordpress.com)
Continuing our look at interesting sites for Halloween ideas, we turn our focus to food, a subject that is very close to our hearts (or should we say our stomachs?) here in the office.
We started with a general Google search for “Halloween recipes with pictures” and as you can see, there are plenty of goodies to choose from. The ubiquitous pumpkin is a favourite, of course, but we liked some of the more creative and thematic dishes, such as these two:
From the Food Network website comes Vampire Blood Tomato soup with Muenster Cheese sandwiches. First, catch your vampires …. no, just joking, but the recipe does call for garlic and onions, so make sure you’re among friends or you may find yourself “exorcised”. Click on the photo (right) for more information and the full recipe.
The second gruesome gourmet dish we liked the look of was Eyeball Tacos at VisualRecipes.com. The main idea is the same as making ordinary tacos, but topped with cream and sliced black olives. If any of your friends or family claim that their dinner is looking at them in a funny way, then for once, they’re probably right …
More in Halloweek part 3!
Strange Random Vampire Quote:
I have never met a vampire personally, but I don’t know what might happen tomorrow. – Bela Lugosi
- Get that Zombie look – Halloweek part 1 (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Baking Life: Halloween goodies and costumes galore (games.com)
- One Sweet Potato = 15 Candy Corns (Get Easy Recipes!) (familydoctormag.com)
- Costumes, Candy, Cookies, Cupcakes, and Cocktails: Blisstree’s Top 19 Halloween Posts for Last-Minute Party Planning (blisstree.com)
- Roast or Toast Pumpkin Seeds (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Demonic Desserts: 10 Deliciously Haunted Halloween Cupcake Recipes (blisstree.com)