In the race for the Christmas Gadget Award, take a look at the front-runner (Apple’s iPad) and, well, the others. Whether you’re a technical type or just thinking of buying for someone else, this humorous video is worth a watch!
Strange Random Tablet Quote:
Everything is being compressed into tiny tablets. You take a little pill of news every day – 23 minutes – and that’s supposed to be enough – Walter Cronkite
- Tech Blog: Review of BBC News iPad App (smudailymustang.com)
- Switch is a multi-user Web browser for iPad (downloadsquad.switched.com)
- Gordon Brown’s D.C. Book Bash (huffingtonpost.com)
- Coldplay to Release Concept Album Next Year (spinner.com)
- BBC news mobile on Windows Phone 7 (blogs.msdn.com)
Dick Cavett‘s legendary career stretched for decades, and the show bearing his name welcomed countless celebrities and high profile guests, from Katharine Hepburn to Orson Wells and Marlon Brando. Now he is looking back on the highlights in a new book, Talk Show: Confrontations, Pointed Commentary and Off Screen Secrets.
He talks to Matt Frei about his most memorable interviews and why he did not like the label “intellectual”.
Strange Random Talkshow Quote:
“In the information age, you don’t teach philosophy as they did after feudalism. You perform it. If Aristotle were alive today he’d have a talk show.” – Timothy Leary (American Psychologist and Author who was a leading advocate for the use of LSD and other psychoactive drugs, 1920-1996)
- Dick Cavett’s chat with Mel Brooks may be put on video for posterity (hollywoodnews.com)
- Being Dick Cavett (leoadambiga.wordpress.com)
- AUDIO: Dick Cavett looks back in new book (cbc.ca)
- Tamar Abrams: Dick Cavett: Get This Man a Show! (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cavett’s Conversations: ‘When People Simply Talk’ (npr.org)
- Bob Hope: America’s Most Famous Immigrant (time.com)
- Sunday Cryptoquote Spoiler – 11/07/10 (unclerave.wordpress.com)
Millions of beer lovers gathered in Munich this autumn to celebrate 200 years of Oktoberfest, the world’s biggest folk festival.
Over the course of the famous event, an estimated six million litres of beer are drunk. And that requires the special skills of the tent waitresses who must be able to carry six or more one litre beer mugs at once.
Fahima Khail donned her dirndl and found out what it is like to be a waitress at the festival.
Strange Random Beer Quote:
“You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.” – Frank Zappa
Related articles by Zemanta
- Munich, Germany’s 200th Anniversay of Oktoberfest (gadling.com)
- Bayern Munich players banned from Oktoberfest (independent.co.uk)
- Oktoberfest Record for Beer and Lost Items (abcnews.go.com)
- Munich Oktoberfest Statistics in Infographics (infosthetics.com)
- Munich’s Oktoberfest is a revel in beer, brats and bands (seattletimes.nwsource.com)