Ever dream about vacationing like a celebrity on your very own private island? Do you picture yourself with toes in the sand, listening to the palm trees sway and gazing at a blue sea? Well, believe it or not, renting a private island can happen — and it’s not just for celebrities and millionaires.
Renting a Private Island
There are private islands available to rent in all shapes and sizes. Depending on your budget, islands can range from rustic and untouched-by-the-world to glamorous and all-inclusive. We’ve chosen five private islands to explore, ranging from family-style vacations to more private extravagance. All are readily available; it’s just up to what you desire.
The Rustic Rental
Cost: From $499 per week May to October, $999 November to April.
How to get there: Fly to the Majuro airport, and then take a 75-minute boat ride to the island.
Size: 14 acres.
Guests: The cabin can accommodate up to eight people, and the island can be booked for one group at a time.
Amenities: Rustic, rustic, rustic! There is a cabin for use on the island, water for washing and a conventional flushing toilet — but otherwise, all supplies must be purchased and brought onto the island. This is truly a return to nature in its purest form. If that excites you, then imagine the peace, tranquility and adventure of being alone on your own island for an entire week. You can even bring your tent if you’d prefer to sleep under the stars.
Unique features offered: Inexpensive and offering complete privacy, Enedrik Island is a real adventure vacation. It includes a private lagoon for snorkeling and views for breathtaking sunsets. It’s a perfect fit for the outdoor-loving naturalist.
Strange Random Island Quote:
“This island is almost made of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish in Great Britain at the same time.” – Aneurin Bevan (Welsh Politician, 1897-1960)
- News of potential sale of Hawaii’s Lanai spreads across the globe (bizjournals.com)
- Larry Ellison’s Private Island Makes Mel Gibson Look Small | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com (nadernazemi.com)
- Open Thread: What is your private island dream? (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Celebrity Real Estate: Here Now, Celine Dion’s Utterly Insane Private Island Estate (curbed.com)
- Private Island Hopping in El Nido – El Nido, Philippines (travelpod.com)
- Private Island ~ Bahamas (dreambigestates.wordpress.com)
- Private Islands: The guy who bought Rat Island – a… (curbed.com)
- Luxury yacht comes with its own private Island (lostateminor.com)