NZ wines in world’s most admired list | BUSINESS News
Several New Zealand wine brands have been honoured by an international magazine.
Drinks International produces a list of top 50 ‘world’s most admired wine brands’ and this year seven NZ-based names feature.
Brancott Estate, Oyster Bay, Cloudy Bay, Villa Maria, Babich, Wither Hills, and Nobilo are listed alongside international brands such as Penfolds, Michel Chapoutier, and Chateau Margaux as being leading players in the global wine industry.
Chris Yorke, New Zealand Winegrowers’ Global Marketing Director, said he was delighted with the recognition.
“It reconfirms New Zealand’s position as a producer of premium, diverse and sustainable wines,” he said.
Sixty members of the global wine community – including wine masters Peter McCombie, Peter Marks, Tuomas Meriluoto, Kym Milne and Lynne Sherriff -nominated the wine brands they admire most.
Brancott Estate – which was recently rebranded from Montana – and Oyster Bay both featured in the top 20.
Strange Random Wine Quote:
And Noah he often said to his wife when he sat down to dine,
‘I don’t care where the water goes if it doesn’t get into the wine’.
G.K. Chesterton, Wine and Water
- Hello sophisticated readers (thelocalfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Michel Chapoutier Rubbishes Natural Wine (goodfoodrevolution.wordpress.com)
- Wine-Searcher Offers Free Online Wine Valuation Tool (prweb.com)
- New NZ fund to replace Sustainable Development Fund for NGOs (devex.com)
- “NZ insurer Pinnacle Life achieves world first” – Kea NZ (pinnaclelife.co.nz)