When Your Phone Humors You – Noticed – NYTimes.com
“Why do I cry so much?” he asked it recently in jest.
“I don’t know,” it responded. “Frankly, I’ve wondered that myself.”
The funny (if slightly unsettling) reply was courtesy of Siri, the new virtual personal-assistant application for the recently released Apple iPhone 4S. Siri recognizes conversational speech and responds, helping with everything from scheduling a meeting to finding a therapist.
Siri also talks back. Owners of the new iPhone have been quick to ask it all kinds of odd questions, from the inane to the illicit. Looking for a place to hide a body? Siri provided Mr. Johnson with a list of metal foundries, dumps and swamps.
Strange Random Conversation Quote:
“Conversation may be compared to a lyre with seven chords – philosophy, art, poetry, love, scandal, and the weather” – Anna Jameson (Irish Essayist, 1794-1860)
- IPhone 4S Gets More Power, a Better Camera and Siri – NYTimes.com (policyabcs.wordpress.com)
- Siri has a sense of humor (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Siri Experiencing Its First Extended Outage (techcrunch.com)
- The meaning of life according to Siri (westernthm.wordpress.com)
- Siri’s First Post (news.dice.com)
- Siri Becomes A Meme (nerdist.com)
- Siri Has a Sense of Humor (momof7.com)
- Iris -> Siri! (savvytrails.wordpress.com)