So it’s that time of the year again, when Spain celebrates its Autumn festival with regional variations such as the Castanyada here in Catalonia: get-togethers, sweet potatoes, cava and the ubiquitous chestnuts and marzipan sweets. At the same time, a growing number of people are celebrating Halloween American-style and a small number, like yours truly, celebrate both!
Whatever you celebrate, the key is having fun and learning about the traditions, so here are some links to help with both of those:
History of Halloween- from History.Com.
- Keep that wolf at the door with Halloween recipes – Halloweek part 2 (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- #1 Halloween Plumbing Problem: Pumpkin Pulp Will Scare Your Disposal to Death (prweb.com)
- How Candy and Halloween Became Best Friends (theatlantic.com)
- Where’s the Great Pumpkin? (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- Top Easy and Unique Printable Pumpkin Carving Patterns, Templates … (worldcorrespondents.com)
Found in an article about the band‘s concert stream last weekend:
(the stream is available on) U2′s You Tube page.
Best attempted after a couple of pints of Guinness!